Battlegrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 3 Songs: KiTTiE

2 posters

Go down

Top 3 Songs: KiTTiE Empty Top 3 Songs: KiTTiE

Post  Dewey Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:46 pm

KiTTiE. These girls are one of the top grossing rock bands, who aren't getting the credit they deserve. The point of this topic is to find out which of their songs. So, let's get this shin-dig started!!!

1) Brackish- The bands first major hit. It's the track that got me hooked on them, and I heard it for the first time (ironically) on an episode of Sunday Night Heat, back in 99. It's got crunching guitars, driving bass lines, and exquisite drum work, as well as Morgan doing what she does best: Screaming her cute little head off.

2) What I've always Wanted- The girls slowed it down for this one, with a ballad. It showed the world they had a soft side.

3) Cutthroat- Their newest single, and a return to old school. After the world accused them of losing their touch, they came up with this.

So, there's my choices, what are yours?
Dewey
Dewey
Admin

Location : The Whedonverse, and the darkest Abyss of your mind

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Songs: KiTTiE Empty Re: Top 3 Songs: KiTTiE

Post  JicKie "FalKon" Mames Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 am

There is no doubt that to date KiTTiE's best song has to be Brackish. I mean, the song that gets a band into the mainstream or gets them noticed in the music world should always be considered one of their greats. For the Lander sister's, Brackish was just one major creative mastermind, especially with the backing vocals. So, Brackish is number one on my list.

Second, I am going to have to nominate "Funeral For Yesterday" from the album of said song title. For me, this is a completely different switch from Brackish whilst still maintaining their metal style. The entire song is used with only clean vocals from Morgan and portrays a good story if you really take the time to listen. The music video (the more storied version) is something people should check out as well because of how it makes the story. Though it may be one beat throughout the whole way through, it still is one of my favourites.

For the third, I am not particularly sure. I am going to have to say that Cutthroat as well considering, as you stated Dewey, KiTTiE have gone back to their roots of metal and really trying to find themselves musically in that sense.
JicKie
JicKie "FalKon" Mames

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum