Battlegrounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Giving Up on two future stars?

3 posters

Go down

WWE Giving Up on two future stars? Empty WWE Giving Up on two future stars?

Post  Judgeman03 Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:45 am

Sources: SEScoops.com

--For those keeping track, Dolph Ziggler has taken part in twenty-six Intercontinental title matches at various events (televised and non-televised) within the past few months, losing all but two. He won one match via count-out with another match being ruled a double count-out. Furthermore, he has come up short in retrieving the title on television on seven different occasions including Night of Champions, SummerSlam, Hell in the Cell and four separate episodes of Friday Night SmackDown.

Ziggler was at one point scheduled to win the title from Rey Mysterio over the summer, but the high-flying Superstar vetoed dropping the title to him on more than one occasion. When push came to shove as a result of a 30-day suspension for violating the company’s drug testing policy in early September, Mysterio agreed to drop the title to John Morrison.

Now it appears that the ship has sailed on Ziggler nabbing the gold as WWE officials have reportedly “given up on him.”

On a related noted, Ziggler was voted the “Most Deserving of a Title Shot” among his peers in the “Superstar Survey” taken for the latest issue of WWE Magazine.

--The latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE has “given up” on pushing Jack Swagger to superstardom as he has not quite panned out as officials had initially hoped.

When he first showed up on the WWE scene a little over a year ago, “The All-American American” was pegged as the future of the company due to his tremendous size. Nowadays, he’s considered a comedy figure ranked slightly lower than Chavo Guerrero on the Raw pecking order. Furthermore, some feel he’s in danger of becoming “this year’s Chris Masters.”

So to summarize, WWE has pretty much given up on two of their most valuable stars. In a time where they are in desperate need of new blood, this is a HUGE mistake. Even with guys like Kofi, Morrison, and Sheamus in the mix, with two major brands in need of top talent, it is foolish that they would not try pushing even more talent. They dropped the same ball that they did with MVP. Hopefully one of them will catch the eye of Vince again and get back into the fray.

Judgeman03

Back to top Go down

WWE Giving Up on two future stars? Empty Re: WWE Giving Up on two future stars?

Post  Christian Battlez Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:22 am

Pretty sure I only heard of Mysterio vetoing one title change against Ziggler. It's unfortunate that WWE is seemingly giving up on both Ziggler and Swagger but I think your being a bit dramatic saying Swagger is a step below Chavo Guerrero and on the same step as Chris Masters. I buy Swagger on the same step as MVP. Right now they're both midcard talent but have room to grow if the fans buy into them more. Sometimes all thats needed is a change in scenery or a change in character allignment.
Christian Battlez
Christian Battlez
Admin

https://christianbattlez.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JicKie "FalKon" Mames Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:02 am

Well, I am going to take the Jack Swagger one with a grain of salt... lower than the pecking order concerning Chavo Guerrero? That has to scream internet rumor. How is a guy that has done nothing wrong at all, showing up week in week out with good performances and is considered to be deemed credible by the fans enough to get reactions (albeit his lisp) be shuffled down the deck below a man who did the job for many weeks to Hornswoggle? If it is true, the WWE are making a huge mistake in what they are doing to Swagger as the man can wrestle and knows what to do in the ring. Add to the fact that he could fit into the mold that Vince has for his Big Man love, I'd find it highly unlikely thats the case.

For Dolph, it's just an unlucky turn of events for him. This kid has potential and will become a star in the WWE one day, but his day is currently not yet it. It is a shame though since that the E needs to build up stars for the future right now. Dolph is not main event material by any means as there are alot of men on the roster deserving of that title like CM Punk and guys inserted into the upper midcard like Matt Hardy and R-Truth... but he is definitely suitable for a good midcard run to see how he plays out as a character and a wrestler.

Again, I wouldn't trust these notes at all until I see it happen before my eyes. It's best to keep the motto "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see" as some reports these days are being falsified by many accounts such as actual wrestlers responding to the IWC about said matters.
JicKie
JicKie "FalKon" Mames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum